• 1 cup coconut oil or butter/margarine
• 1/2 cup molasses
• 1 cup Peanut Butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 tsp. salt
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• 2 eggs
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter with sugar and molasses; cream together until light and fluffy.
3. Add peanut butter and mix well.
4. Add the salt, vanilla, and eggs and beat until well mixed.
5. Add flour and baking soda; mix until just combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets
8. Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 10 – 12 minutes.
9. Transfer onto plate or wire rack and let cool, or eat them hot (careful melted chocolate can burn)
If you want plain chocolate chip cookies, just leave out the peanut butter. This recipe works great without it as well. To make ginger molasses cookies, leave out peanut butter but add 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger and 2 tbsps powdered ginger!